Zeman Womble, LLP
I inherited this site after the firm's founders grew tired of paying outrageous fees for basic web hosting and maintenece.
I rewrote the code using Jekyll and hosted at Netlify's free tier. Costs went from thousands a month to $0.
SEO was next, making use of Moz Local to strighten out local listings, and then some link building. I set goals in Google Analytics to track conversions and understand performance, and developed some flexible templates for email marketing.
How to Make a Seriously Fast Website
For Zeman and Womble, we achieved a perfect score on Google's PageSpeed Insights (see right). The steps:
- Use a static-site generator to pre-render pages.
- Optimize images and minify assets.
- Inject CSS necessary for the initial page paint into HTML head.
- Move the remainder of CSS to a file loaded at the end of the page.
- Download and serve Google Fonts locally.
- Host pages and assets from a CDN.
53% of mobile site visits leave a page that takes longer than three seconds to load. – Google.